The Seoul Global Center (SGC) launched by the Seoul Metropolitan Government operates a 24- hour Medical Referral Service (MRS) for foreigners. Its medically trained, English-speaking staff provides foreigners in Korea with information and recommendations on medical facilities and services. The MRS team has striven to provide quality medical information by regularly visiting medical facilities that offer medical services for foreigners and by seeking feedback from foreigners who have used the services.
- Hours: regular hours (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.), emergency only (8 p.m. to 8 a.m.)
- Tel: 010-4769-8212 or 010-8750-8212 - E-mail: email@example.com
International SOS Korea Ltd.
International SOS Korea Ltd. provides medical assistance services and evacuation and repatriation services for expatriates in Korea. Its trained doctors offer medical advice over the phone 24 hours and the service is available in the following languages: English, Japanese and French. However, the service is available only to members.
- Tel. 02-3140-1700 (24 hours)
For emergency situations, call 119. With your call, the caller`s location is automatically identified. The 119 rescue team will react quickly to meet the caller`s needs, offering professional medical assistance such as sending an ambulance and taking patients to the nearest hospital. The 119 ambulance is free of charge. When a foreigner calls 119, the staff in the situation room connects the call with a translator of the Korea National Tourism Organization (KNTO). Through a three way call with the translator and the staff member in the situation room, the foreign caller can effectively communicate his/her needs and obtain assistance. Languages available for translation services include English, Japanese and Chinese. Those who call outside Seoul can use translation
services provided by BBB (Before Babel Brigade). When you use a wired phone or mobile phone, dial 119 without the area code. When you call 119 from a pay phone, press the red button for emergency and dial 119. When you call 119 from a wired phone or mobile phone, your phone number and location are automatically identified. You can visit the following website: www.119.go.kr [K] and report emergencies online 24 hours a day by completing an application form in either Korean or English. Reporting emergencies is also possible through mobile text messaging at 119 and fax at 1544-9119.
1339 is the number of the Emergency Medical Information Center. When you call 1339, Englishspeaking doctors assist foreigners, providing them with relevant medical information on emergency situations 24 hours. To use the service, dial 1339 directly without area codes. However, when you call by a mobile phone or outside Seoul, dial 02-1339.
General hospitals with international clinics in Seoul
Asan Medical Center
- Address: 388-1 Pungnap-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02-3010-5001
- Emergency: Tel. 02-3010-3333
- Website: http://www.amc.seoul.kr/eng [K, E, C, J]
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (weekdays)
- Transportation: walk ten minutes from Exit 1 of Seongnae Station on Line 2 or Take bus 4318 from Exit 3
Cha Medical Center
●International Health Services (IHS)
- Address: 650-9 Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02-3468-3127
- Emergency: 010-9161-3117 (available 24 hours)
- Website: http://kangnam.chamc.co.kr/ic/ [K, E]
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (weekdays) / 8:30 am to 12:30 pm (Saturdays) – hours for OB/GYN patients are extended to 5 pm
- Transportation: walk ten minutes from Exit 7 of Yeoksam Station on Line 2 in the direction of Donghodaegyo or walk fifteen minutes from Exit 3 of Hakdong Station on Line 7 in the direction of Yeoksam Station
Hanyang University Medical Center
●International Healthcare Center
- Tel. 02- 2290-9553
- 24 Hour Emergency Care Center (English support): Tel. 02-2290-8282 / 016-379-7534 (English support), 010-6270-2296 (English support)
- Website: http://hmc.hanyang.ac.kr [K, E]
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (weekdays)
- Transportation: Hanyang Univ. Station (Lines 2, 7, exit 1)
Jaseng Hospital of Oriental Medicine
- Address: 635 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02-3218-2167(English) / 02-3218-2106/2169 (Japanese)
- Website: http://www.jaseng.net [K, E, J]
- Transportation: If you turn left from Exit 2 of Apgujeong Station on Line 3, about ten meters ahead you will see a Baskin Robbins, and from there, you can either take the shuttle bus or walk all the way (a ten-minute walk in the direction of Seongsudaegyo).
Gangnam St. Mary`s Hospital
●International Health Care Center (IHC)
- Address: 505 Banpo-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02- 590-2932
- Website: http://www.cmckangnam.or.kr/eng/main/ index.jsp [K, E, C, J]
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (weekdays) – lunch hour: 12:00 ~ 13:30 / English, Chinese, Russian, Japanese translation available
- Transportation: Seocho Station (Line 2, Exit 7) / From the Express Bus Terminal Station (Line 3, Exit 2, 7 / Line 7, Exit 3, 4) in the direction of the Catholic University of Korea, College of Medicine
Samsung Medical Center
●International Health Services (IHS)
- Address: 50 Irwon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02- 3410-0200/ emergency: Tel. 02- 3410-2060
- Website: http://english.samsunghospital.com [K, E, C]
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (weekdays)
- Transportation: Irwon Station (Line 3, exit 1)
Seoul National University Hospital
- Address: 28 Yeongeon-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02-2072-2890/0505 or 013-0484-0505(English, Japanese support 24 hours)
● In an emergency, you can obtain information on where the nearest hospital is and which hospitals have English-language support.
- Website: http://www.snuh.org/pub/index_frame.jsp [K, E, J, C, M, R etc.-supports 14 languages, but for some languages, translation service is not available]
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (weekdays) / 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Saturdays)
- Email: email@example.com
- Transportation: Hyehwa Station (Line 4, exit 3)
● SNU Healthcare System Gangnam Center, the newly established health diagnosis center of Seoul National University Hospital, specializes in comprehensive health examinations. The topnotch medical staff of the Center has striven to contribute to preventing diseases and improving people`s health through state-of-the-art medical equipment, an early health diagnosis system and a disease prevention program. The Center provides medical services for foreigners and refers patients to Seoul National University Hospital or other affiliated hospitals for further medical care.
- Address:38th,39th,40thFloor,737GangnamFinance Center,Yeoksam-dong,Gangnam-gu,Seoul
- Tel. 02-2112-5503
- Website: http://healthcare.snuh.org (Internet reservation available) [K, E]
- Clinic Hours: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (weekdays) / 7:30 am to 1:00 pm (every other Saturday)
- Hours for reservation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (weekdays) / 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Saturdays)
- Transportation: Yeoksam Station (Line 2, exit 2)
Severance Hospital: Yonsei University Hospital
●International Health Care Center (IHCC)
- Address: 134 Sinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
- Tel 02- 2228-5800/ emergency: 010-9948-0983
- Website: http://www.yuhs.or.kr/en [K, E, J, C, R]
● Translation service available in all languages except Russian. English translation always available. Doctors who can speak Japanese or Chinese are available.
- Hours: 9:30a.m. to 12:00p.m., 2:00p.m. to 5:00p.m. (weekdays) / 9:30 amto 12:00 pm (Saturdays)
- Transportation: Go straight out of Sinchon Station, Exit 3 (Line 2). The hospital is located on the right side of Yonsei University.
Soonchunhyang University Hospital
- -Address: 657-58 Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02-709-9158 / emergency: 02-709-9117~9
- Website: http://www.schuh.ac.kr [K, E, J, S] * Doctors who can speak Spanish or Portuguese are available.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (weekdays) / 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Saturdays)
- Transportation: Take bus in front of Dankook University (No. 110, 140, 142, 144, 400, 402, 405, 420, 470, 471, 472)
Yongdong Severance Medical Center
●International Health Care Center (IHCC)
- Address: 142-92 Dogok-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02-2019-3600 /Emergency: 2019-3333/2019-2222
- Website: http://www.yuhs.or.kr [K, E, J, C, R]
- Hours: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (weekdays)
- Transportation: Dogok Station (Line 3, Exit 2) / Nonhyeon Station (Line 7, Exit 2) / Seolleung Station (Line 2, Exit 1)
Oriental medicine is different from Western-style medicine in that oriental hospitals provide traditional medical treatment including acupuncture and herbal medicine. Oriental medical treatment help strengthen the body`s immune system, relieve pain and other symptoms and restore balance and harmony in the body. Kyunghee University Hospital is the largest and most renowned oriental hospital in the nation.
The following oriental hospitals offer medical services for foreigners.
Kyunghee University Oriental Hospital
- 02-958-8114 / http://www.khmc.or.kr [K, E, J, C] - Exit Hoegi Station (Line 1, Exit 1), last stop of Maeul Bus No. 01
Good Neighbor Clinic at Kyungdong Church
Good Neighbor Clinic operated by Kyungdong Church provides free medical services for foreign workers living in Korea. Medical departments in the Clinic include internal medicine, surgery, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, dentistry, dermatology, oriental medicine and clinical pathology.
- Address: Kyungdong Church, 26-6 Jangchung dong 1-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02- 2274-0161
- Hours: 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. (the first and third Sundays of the month)
- Transportation: Dongdaemun Stadium Station (Line 2, 4, 5, exit 4), Dongguk Univ. Station (Line 3, exit 2, 3)
Migrant Workers` Hospital
Migrant Workers` Hospital provides medical services free of charge to migrant workers who cannot afford high medical costs. Medical departments in the hospital include internal medicine, surgery, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, dentistry, neurology, orientalmedicine, etc.
- Address: 137-22 Garibong-dong, Guro-gu, Seoul
- Tel. 02-863-9966
- Website: http://www.mwhospital.com [K]
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (weekdays) / 1 pm to 6 pm (Sundays) — Reservation hours: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (weekdays) / 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Sundays)
●Many patients are awaiting treatment. Please be there at the appointed time.
●Treatment is availableonSaturdaysonceamonth. ●Need a telephone inquiry before your visit.